Analogmodem with USB and Serial Interface

Hi,
trying to ge an internet conection with wvdial via USB ... Serial
Interface ... Analogmodem ("US-Robotics Fax Modem") I get the answer: ..
carrier detected. Waiting for prompt. Connected but carrier signal lost.

Trying to connect to internet from winVista with the same hardware is
successful. Anyone has an idea, what to do ? Could anybody tell
me how to get AT-Protocols from wvdial and from winVista, which then I
could mail to this forum ?
Thanks