Re: Valera, Ukraine kernel 2.6.31-17-generic

Hi,

lsmod | grep agr

returns nothing (if executed both before and after "telinit 3"
command), so I assume the driver is not preloaded.

agrsm-test was run, the result is attached.

---
WBR, Valera

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 03:10, Marvin Stodolsky
<marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Valera,
>
> Would you again boot into Recovery mode,
> Go to the Command Shell, and at that stage, again run:
> # lsmod | grep agr
> which will show if the driver are preloaded or not. Then run the
> # agrsm-test
>
> MarvS
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Valera <valera.ua@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> N 2 is returned on my system as well as a result of runlevel command execution.
>>
>> I've followed the steps you've specified, attached is result of agrsm-test.
>> Also when sudo agrsm-test is run, I get a number of messages like the following:
>>
>> [294.004385] CPU0 attaching NULL sched-domain
>> [294.004479] CPU1 attaching NULL sched-domain
>> [294.004479] CPU0 attaching sched-domain:
>> domain 0: span 0-1 level MC
>> groups: 0 1
>>
>> CPU1 attachinh sched-domain:
>> domain 0: span 0-1 level MC
>> groups: 1 0
>>
>> ---
>> WBR, Valera
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:22, Marvin Stodolsky
>> <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Valera,
>>>
>>> There is also a small change you may have to make, for the bootup
>>> choices to be made visible.
>>> This is ONLY necessary, if your System does not show alternative
>>> kernel choices during bootup.
>>>
>>> If necessary set up an edit with:
>>> $ sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
>>> Save the edit.
>>>
>>> Among the first few lines, edit to the following if necessary:
>>> GRUB_DEFAULT=0
>>> # GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
>>> GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=false
>>>
>>> If this edit was necessary, it must be transferred to /boot/grub/grub.cfg , by:
>>> $ sudo mv  /boot/grub/grub.cfg /boot/grub/grub.cfg.old
>>> which just renames the current copy.
>>> $ sudo update-grub
>>> which will report regeneration of grub.cfg
>>>  this will provide for a display of boot alternatives during successive bootups.
>>>
>>> MarvS
>>>
>>> MarvS

Drivers loaded:
agrserial              12032  0
agrmodem             1250948  1
snd_hda_codec          75708  4 agrmodem,snd_hda_codec_atihdmi,snd_hda_codec_analog,snd_hda_intel
snd                    59204  13 agrmodem,snd_hda_codec_analog,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device

and symbolic link created:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Feb 13 10:32 /dev/ttySAGR -> /dev/ttyAGS3

Checking for utility wvdialconf
Found /usr/bin/wvdialconf, preparing to run:
	wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

Modem Port Scan<*1>: S0   S1   S2   S3   Killed

A reboot may be necessary before modem detection through:
	sudo modprobe agrserial
Which will load agrmodem, agrserial and create the symbolic link needed for:
	sudo wvdialconf

The installation record has been written to ./agrsm-test.txt