Re: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx suggested command

Jin
I am not trying to teach Linux but to SAVE YOUR TIME
I **REPEAT**, the command which you typed is in error. Either you do not enter --log without an equal sign (=) and a number, or you correctly type ---log=VALUE where VALUE is a number.

I would be grateful if you could tell me EXACTLY where you found support telling to type --log without =VALUE
This documentation which you found must be corrected.

Jacques
Jin wrote:
Linmodems.org and j. g.

The command I typed

tra@geb:~$ sudo slmodemd -c GREECE --alsa --debug=2 --log  hw:0,6

was a command that linmodems support suggested I type. As a new user to command-line linux, when asked to type a command, again, in this case:

tra@geb:~$ sudo slmodemd -c GREECE --alsa --debug=2 --log  hw:0,6

that is what I typed. All I'm trying to do is get the modem to dial out, and not learn the inner workings of linux. That could be interesting later. But now, really, I just want to surf the internet using linux connection, really.

Jin Li