Re: Zeke Krahlin, USA, Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition kernel 2.6.31-14-generic

Ezekiel,

To help me debug scanModem, run:
$ sudo bash -x ./scanModem 2>&1 | tee EK
$ gzip EK
and send me the EK.zip

Also the output of:
$ cat /proc/asound/version

>From http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/  near the bottom, get
the wvdial-karmic.zip
Unpack under Ubuntu with:
$ unzip wv*.zip
Move into the new folder
$ cd wvdial-karmic
Install the wvdial support packages with:
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
This provides a useful dialer and test utility.

from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/ get
the 3 packages
agrsm-11c11040_20091225_i386.deb
agrsm-tools_0.0.1_all.deb
agrsm_howto.txt

In your home folder, install the first two with:
$ sudo dpkg -i agrsm*.deb
If the installation are successful, run:
$ sudo agrsm-test
Report any problems to the List, not directly to me.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer