Re: sm56 ubuntu 9.10

Mirko,

There are a few chipsets which are under Microsoft all called sm56.
Only the 1057:3052 chipset is supported in principle by slamr.
But in practice, the last kernel supported is 2.8.30, with a "No
Carrier"  error reported for 2.8.31

Did you even have slamr support under earlier kernels?
If not best download and run scanModem. Then send us the output ModemData.txt

MarvS