Re: Eduardo, Bolivia - kernel 2.6.24-24-generic

maddMax,

scanModem did not report that you did not have wvdial installed, please run
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

after the drivers are loaded.  Then wvdialconf should find the modem
port.  Something along the lines of /dev/ttySH0 or similar.   If the
modem port is not found, please let us know.

Regards,

Antonio

On 9/30/09, maddMax <maddmax666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>>>         snd_hda_intel
>>>
>>> Attached USB devices are:
>>>  ID 0458:003a KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems)
>>> If a cellphone is not detected, see
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-878554.html
>>> A sample report is:
>>> http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-nineth/msg00578.html
>>>
>>> If a USB modem or cellphone is attached and was not detected, please
>>> provide available information in your request to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> For candidate card in slot 00:1b.0, firmware information and bootup
>>> diagnostics are:
>>>  PCI slot       PCI ID          SubsystemID     Name
>>>  ----------     ---------       ---------       --------------
>>>  00:1b.0        8086:284b       104d:902d       Audio device: Intel
>>> Corporation 82801H
>>>
>>>  Modem interrupt assignment and sharing:
>>>  22:        536        509   IO-APIC-fasteoi   HDA Intel
>>>  --- Bootup diagnostics for card in PCI slot 00:1b.0 ----
>>> [   25.474279] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1b.0[A] -> GSI 22 (level,
>>> low) -> IRQ 22
>>> [   25.474310] PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1b.0 to 64
>>>

>>> ===== Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) diagnostics =====
>>> The ALSA packages provide audio support and also drivers for some
>>> modems.
>>> ALSA diagnostics are written during bootup to /proc/asound/ folders.
>>>
>>> The ALSA verion is 1.0.16
>>> The modem cards detected by "aplay -l"  are: None
>>>

>>> The /proc/asound/pcm file reports:
>>> -----------------------
>>> 00-00: ALC262 Analog : ALC262 Analog : playback 1 : capture 1
>>>
>>> about /proc/asound/cards:
>>> ------------------------
>>>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>>>                      HDA Intel at 0xfc300000 irq 22
>>>
>>>  PCI slot 00:1b.0 has a High Definition Audio Card
>>>  The drivers are in the kernel modules tree at:
>>>  /lib/modules/2.6.24-24-generic/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko
>>>  The modem codec file for the HDA card is: /proc/asound/card0/codec#1
>>> Codec: Conexant ID 2c06
>>> Address: 1
>>> Vendor Id: 0x14f12c06
>>> Subsystem Id: 0x104d1700
>>> Revision Id: 0x100000
>>> Modem Function Group: 0x2
>>>
>>>  The audio card hosts a softmodem chip:  0x14f12c06
>>>
>>>  14f1 is the Conexant Vendor ID, and 0x14f12c06 a softmodem chipset.
>>>  Get a hsfmodem package through http://www.linuxant.com
>>>
>>> If not a Conexant modem, the driver hsfmodem-drivers with its dependent
>>> drivers:
>>>
>>> ----------
>>> provide audio + modem support with the modem chip residing on the
>>> subsystem.
>>> Any particular card can host any one of several soft modem chips.
>>>
>>> === Finished firmware and bootup diagnostics, next deducing cogent
>>> software. ===
>>>
>>> Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:1b.0:
>>>        Modem chipset  detected on
>>> NAME="Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H "
>>> CLASS=0403
>>> PCIDEV=8086:284b
>>> SUBSYS=104d:902d
>>> IRQ=22
>>> HDA=8086:284b
>>> SOFT=8086:284b.HDA
>>> HDAchipVendorID=14f1
>>> CHIP=0x14f12c06
>>> IDENT=hsfmodem
> [...]
>>> ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/alsa-driver-1.0.17.tar.bz2
>>> Under Linux, this package is unpacked with:
>>> $ tar jxf alsa*.tar.bz2
>>> Next the patch is applied with:
>>> $ patch -p0 < alsa-driver-1.0.17-1.patch
>>>
>>> See http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg00838.html
>>> for details on compiling and installing replacement snd-hda-intel + its
>>> dependent drivers.
>>> After the installation is completed, rerun the hsfmodem installation.
>>> Reboot and try to detect the modem with Root permission:
>>>        sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
>>>
>>>  Read DOCs/Conexant.txt
>>>
>>> Writing DOCs/Conexant.txt
>>>

>>>  Completed candidate modem analyses.
>>>
>>>  The base of the UDEV device file system is: /dev/.udev
>>>
>>>  Versions adequately match for the compiler installed: 4.2.4
>>>             and the compiler used in kernel assembly: 4.2.4
>>>

>>>  Minimal compiling resources appear complete:
>>>   make utility - /usr/bin/make
>>>   Compiler version 4.2
>>>   linuc_headers base folder /lib/modules/2.6.24-24-generic/build
>>>
>>>  However some compilations and executable functions may need additional
>>> files,
>>>  in the FileNames.h (so called kernel "h"eaders) collection installed
>>> in  /usr/include/ .
>>>  For martian_modem, additional required packages are needed. The also
>>> required headers of package libc6 are commonly installed by default.
>>>  Compiling hsfmodem drivers does require linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev
>>> packages, for kernels 2.6.24 and later versions.
>>>  In not included on your install CD, search for them at
>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com
>>>  or comparable Repository for other Linux distros.
>>>  When compiling ALSA drivers, the utility "patch" will also be needed.
>>>

>>> If a driver compilation fails, with message including some lack of
>>> some FileName.h (stdio.h for example), then
>>> Some additional kernel-header files need installation to /usr/include.
>>> The minimal additional packages are libc6-dev
>>> and any of its dependents, under Ubuntu linux-libc-dev
>>>
>>> If an alternate ethernet connection is available,
>>> $  apt-get update
>>> $  apt-get -s install linux-kernel-devel
>>> will install needed packages.
>>> For Debian/Ubuntu related distributions, run the following command to
>>> display the needed package list:
>>>
>>> Otherwise packages have to be found through http://packages.ubuntu.com
>>> Once downloaded and transferred into a Linux partition,
>>> they can be installed alltogether with:
>>> $ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
>>>

>>> Checking pppd properties:
>>>        -rwsr-xr-- 1 root dip 269256 2007-10-04 15:57 /usr/sbin/pppd
>>>
>>> In case of an "error 17" "serial loopback" problem, see:
>>>    http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/linmodems/archive-sixth/msg02637.html
>>>
>>> To enable dialout without Root permission do:
>>>        $ su - root  (not for Ubuntu)
>>>        sudo chmod a+x /usr/sbin/pppd
>>> or under Ubuntu related Linuxes
>>>        sudo chmod a+x /usr/sbin/pppd
>>>
>>> Checking settings of:   /etc/ppp/options
>>> crtscts
>>> lock
>>> hide-password
>>> modem