Re: ESS Driver - Won't Stay Installed

Rob,

Tolerance to automated creation of symbolic links through usage of
/etc/modprob.d/ files has diminshed under Ubuntu 9.04.

But manually loading (re-installation not necessary) the driver,
$ sudo modprobe DriverName

should solve the problem. Maintainer Jeff can best advise.
I don't have my linux resources with me now.

MarvS