Re: agrsm 11c1:0620 modem installation on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04

Martin,

The path which you quote is incorrect.

The right path is

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/agrsm-2.1.80limited.tar.gz

I am sorry for having mistyped it in my message http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-nineth/msg01987.html

Note: substring /ltmodem/was missing, and there should be no dash within 2.1.80limites.

Jacques

Martin Lupcke wrote:

I have been trying to follow the recent messages on the 11c1:0620 & 0630 modems. On the 24th, Jacques put a file at http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/11c11040/agrsm-2.1.80-limited.tar.gz but I cannot find it. (The path 11c11040 does not appear to exist.) Later, it seems like there were additional steps to install this, but I got totally lost trying to determine what should or should not be done. Most recently (below), it seems that John got an 0620 working in Ubuntu. I am far from a Linux expert (obviously), but could someone help clear this up for me so I can try to get my 0630 working in PCLinux?

Thanks.

john31608@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Marvin:
    I want you to know I have the agere SV92PP 11c10620 modem card now
running reliably. I went with a fresh reinstall of Ubuntu9.04 Jaunty and
installation of the following:

agrsm-tools_0.0.1_all.deb
dkms_2.0.21.1-Oubuntu3_all.deb
gnome-network-admin-2.22.1-Oubuntu1_i386.deb
Dial-up with jauntyDebs.tar.Izima This is a package consisting of wvdial
with dependencies

Finally agrsm06pci_2.1.80~20090825_i386.deb

    It was all double click and go with installation of agrmodem.ko and
agrserial.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/updates/dkms

    It looks like at this point from the terminal sudo agrsm-test  would
have taken me to completion save for entering my name, password and phone
number in ./etc/wvdial.conf.  Everything is spelled out as you go

    I had tried after running agrsm06pci_2.1.80~20090825_i386.deb

    sudo modprobe agrmodem

    sudo modprobe agrserial

    etc, etc using the page "LSI/AgereSystems 11c11040 chipset support
installation ,using dkms tools" from the Linmodems discussion board of
20DEC2008 as a guide but I got lost trying to find the file wvtest. sudo agrsm-test rescued me. The modem was found on /dev/ttySAGR. While trying to configure the network tools point to point connection interface I lost
the connection and it appears the file /dev/ttySAGR was lost but sudo
agrsm-test brought it right back. I then had to reenter my name, phone and PW but it all went pretty smoothly. My hat is off to you and the others who
have been so patient with all this.  Thank You

Yours truly, John W