Re: JOSSO Guillaume, France CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

Josso,

With CPU=x86_64,  CentOS release 5.3 (Final) Kernel Linux version
2.6.18-128.2.1.el5
0703 Modem: Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem
      Primary device ID:  1057:3052
 Support type needed or chipset:	slamr

There is no support, because slamr has a precompiled 32 bit component.
If you want to install a 32 bit version of CentOS,
likely support can be achieved.

More generally winmodems are not outstanding for fax service.
For reliable business service, better invest in one of the Controller
chipset "hardware" modems,
for which there are Open Source Linux modems, with all signal
processing done on the PCI card itself.

Read the InfoGeneral.txt about alternatives.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer