Re: aspire 1640 modem model

Kayo,

please download scanModem.gz from LinModems site. Copy it to your
linux partition and unpack with
$ gunzip scanModem.gz
$ chmod +x scanModem
$ sudo ./scanModem or
$ su -
passwd:
# cd to_where_scanModem_was
# ./scanModem

send us ModemData.txt only.  The model of the Laptop/notebook does not
matter since it could have many different combinations of chipsets.
Your best bet is to run scanModem and send us the ModemData.txt so
that we can advice you better.

Regards,

Antonio