Need Info On Wisecom Modem Installation

I am trying to install an external Wisecom modem on my Linux computer. To that end, I am enclosing the following information:

Manufacturer: Wisecom
Brand Name: Accelerator Pro
Device Type: Modem / ISDN
Model: FB WS-5614ES3KV
FCC ID: L4OWS-5614ES3
Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu 9.04)
Interface: 25-Pin Serial Port (RS-232)

You should be made aware that this modem is connected to USB by means of a USB Serial Adapter. That serial adapter has been recognized by lsusb as follows:

ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port

This modem has apparently been recognized by KPPP, but it has not been recognized by GNOME PPP or scanModem. This modem is assigned to ttyUSB0.

Arthur