Re: My modem huawei e220

sizedin

At  http://packages.ubuntu.com/hu/jaunty/wvdial
you need to follow the links to get the *.deb variants of the
packages, not the *.tar.gz
Once downloaded and copied to Linux , apt-get will not work.
Rather use
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
to install all the downloads at once.  apt-get is actually a front end
for dpkg, but is not usefull for packages downloaded manually
For example, for the downloaded file set including wvdial_1.60.1+nmu2_amd64.deb,
just do
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
If you have also downloaded all the dependents of
wvdial_1.60.1+nmu2_amd64.deb, they will be coinstalled.

MarvS