Re: Help me to find my modem driver

Ali,

scanModem reports that your modem is supported via snd-hda-intel + SLMODEMD.

Support type needed or chipset:	slmodemd supporting the snd-hda-intel
audio+modem driver

 An ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) modem driver:  snd-hda-intel
 provides Low Level support enabling contact with the modem hardware.
 For all BUT Conexant chip soft modems (using hsfmodem software)
 complementary High Level support is through a Smartlink utility:  slmodemd

 Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
 the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.4.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd. Unpack
under Linux with:
 	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.4.tar.gz
 and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
 	 slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa hw:0,6
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read DOCs/Smartlink.txt and Modem/DOCs/YourSystem.txt for follow
through guidance.

There is a problem however as SLMODEMD.gcc4.4.tar.gz does not exist
yet, But I have a precompiiled one that I can send separately if you
want or, at your option do download

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/slmodem-2.9.11-20090222.tar.gz
copy it to your linux partition, and
tar -zxvf slmodem-2.9.11-20090222.tar.gz
then
[olivares@localhost slmodem-2.9.11-20090222]$ cd modem/
[olivares@localhost modem]$ make SUPPORT_ALSA=1
Copy the resulting slmodemd to /usr/sbin/
and then run
 slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa hw:0,6
and see if you can connect.  After getting connection sucessful leave
slmodemd running in the background and open up another terminal/tab
and run
$ su -
passwd:
# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial..conf