Re: Part of the dmesg log

Tapan, Ryan,

As Ryan owns another 537 hardware which looked to be supported by the
original Intel's driver and the symptoms are identical (8250_pci
allocating the 537 uart ports), I'll check with Ryan whether efax does
correctly answer or not.

If Ryan's 537 board still does NOT correctly answer on efax
sollicitation despite my latest driver downloadable at
http://vouters.dyndns.org:8080/Intel/ this will mean there is an
interaction on setting the UART hardware bits on the 537 board by either
the Linux kernel provided 8250_pci.c or 8250.c code.

This would mean the tty_unregister_driver call I added to my 537 code
would cause the 8250_pci driver (aka serial) to NOT cleanly reset the
hardware to a correct known state.

And the effect of it on efax or stty sollicitations would be the 537
driver to output the following message  in /var/log/messages:
"
Can't initialize modem h/w
"
Yours sincerely,