Re: Fabrizio, Italy

Fabrizio,

Maybe when you need to acess the modem, you can keep your installation
and use a livecd.  For instance you may get Slax Linux Live CD 6.1.1
and run it in live mode.  Try the slmodem-2.9.11-2009022.lzm from
here:

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=1037

Start slax in text mode and run
# activate slmodem-2.9.11-20090222.lzm

everything should get created and all that you will need to do to make
use of the modem is configure KPPP if you like or download wvstreams
and wvdial modules

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=624
http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=368

 respectively and activate them both.  I don't know how much you need
the modem, but also you can get Knoppix livecd as well.  You have
those options without destroying your data at least.

Regards,

Antonio