Re: Mahmood, Iran, kernel 2.6.28-11-generic

Mahmood,

I think you mean:

$ sudo dpkg  -i hsf*.deb
dpkg is an installation tool for Packages.deb  , i.e. packages with
Debian installer format.
hsf* abbreviates hsfmodem-VersionInfo.deb for purposes of the installation.
More generally in any Linux/Unix usage, * abbreivates the rest of a
Name, al least  upto the next "."

MarvS