Re: slamr & 2.6.27-14 generic

Dear Dr Jones,

Your diagnostic is correct and implies the solution.

You are right that your hope of automatic modem update by dkms would be enough is a mere dream.

The Ubuntu distributors do not know what you did yourself the first time, so how can they know what to do for you this time.

Thus: you have to uninstall the previous version of the driver and repeat the whole installation.

We strongly recommend to do so following the output of a new scanModem run executed under the new release.

Jacques

I have just updated my Ubuntu 8.10 to kernel release 2.6.27-17 and I
thought (obviously wrongly) that dkms would automate the modem update on
reboot. It hasn't. Everything was working fine before but wvdial now
can't find/open /dev/ttySl0.  What have I done wrong this time?
Thanks
Trevor