Slmodemd group

Hello everybody,
I'm having trouble with Slmodemd group. I need to add my user to the
group "Slmodemd" created by the package sl-modem-source (i work on
ubuntu). The problem is that when i open the window to modify the
group, i cannot change the name of the group and if i click on "ok" it
complains the name of the group must be in lower case letters and
numbers (but the name is "Slmodemd").
How can I resolve this?

                                                            Thank you, Mirko---