Re: Agere sv92 Modem wont build!

John,

Would you mind running scanModem on Puppy so we could determine/deduce
some information?

It would have to be similar to the one you sent sometime ago:

NAME="Communication controller: Agere Systems V.92 56K WinModem "
CLASS=0780
PCIDEV=11c1:048c
SUBSYS=11c1:044c
IRQ=255
IDENT=agrsm

 For candidate modem in:  00:0a.0
  0780 Communication controller: Agere Systems V.92 56K WinModem
     Primary device ID:  11c1:048c
 Support type needed or chipset:    agrsm

Use agrsm-20080203a.tar.gz  at
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/sv92/
Read Modem/DOCs/Agrsm.txt

The thing that makes me wonder is which parameters do you use to boot
puppy, and from USB/CD or installed to hard disk because of the IRQ
issue:

 Modem interrupt assignment and sharing:
===================================
 The modem interrupt (IRQ) is 255 . IRQs of 0 or 255 are not functional!!
 The CPU cannot control the modem until this situation is corrected!!
 Possible corrections are:
  1) Within the boot up BIOS, change from a Windows to a non-PNP/Other
Operating System type.
  Instructions for accessing BIOS are at:
     http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/resources.html within:
Additional Resourcces.
  2a) Add an option "pci=routeirq" to the kernel boot up line.
     Here is an example paragraph from  /boot/grub/menu.lst :
   title           Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.15-26-686
   root            (hd0,6)
   kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-26-686 root=/dev/hda7 ro pci=routeirq
   initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-26-686
   savedefault
  2b) Same as above, but use "pollirq" instead of "pci=routeirq".
  3) Within some BIOS setups, IRQ assignments can be changed.
  4) On non-laptop systems, moving the modem card to another slot has helped.
  5) Sometimes upgrading the kernel changes IRQ assignment.

Regards,

Antonio