FC10 in ALSA mode and slmodemd

Dear all,

Having neither the modem nor the OS I cannot complete the help extended to a user.

I am pretty convinced that FC-10 has its sophisticated way to overwrite /sbin/slmodemd and install an automatic service (read, daemon) at boot time.

Who can tell us how to completely get rid of any modem related intervention by FC 10 at boot?

Not with my hands on, it even looks like FC10 is rebuilding a wvdial configuration file when it "installs" slmodemd

(wrong version of /sbin/slmodemd, as usual).

Thanks

Jacques