Re: Is slmodem still being maintained ?

All,

Thanks to the contribution from أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
there is now a package slmodem-2.9.11-20090222.tar.gz with which both
the slmodemd helper, as well as the slamr.ko  driver, can be compiled
with the gcc-4.3 currently used in recent Linux updates. For those
interested in details, the patches Ahmed provided on in  the folder/
slmodem-2.9.11-20090222/patches/sldiffs-20090222/
 There is also assembled a  SLMODEMD_gcc4.3_alsa1.0.17.tar.gz
containing a slmodemd compiled with ALSA suppport.  Both are (soon)
available at http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/.  It
any of you are having a problem with slmodemd usage, the newly
compiled slmodemd may alleviate it.

Credit & thanks to Ahmed

Antonio has reported that on one of his systems, after modem
activation with typically slmodemd command, two successive usages of
   wvdial
and necessary to achieve a dialout. If you have a similar experience,
please report to the List.

MarvS