Re: Please help me to identify the initstring of the Nokia 6100 connected to Ubuntu

LE
Le,

RE: okia 6100 to Ubuntu
 ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port

Note that symbolic are created in RAM space, so if they are not
automatically made following device recognition,
They must be  manually made after every bootup

The next thing to try is:
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
If not successful read  http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-878554.html

If you search on Google with:
 "Nokia 6100" linux
there are reports from others.  Report back presently.

MarvS