Re: Help with D-Link DPH 50U (SGS Thomson 56k SoftModem?)

Updated:  I have partial success using DPH-50U with skype on linux (Ubuntu 8.04)

By partial, I mean I can get 8-bit audio playing and recording through an RJ11 phone.  (i.e. no dtmf)

... details follow ...

It turns out the DPH-50U contains the same chipset as the AU600.

By following the information here:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Au600

I managed to recompile the source code from here:
> hg clone http://85.10.198.106/hg/~mrec/au600

(Tip: On my system it wouldn't recompile with the generic kernel in ubuntu as ALSA is a module.  I first had to compile a custom kernel and include ALSA directly into the kernel.)

There were some problems with the audio which seemed to be endian-related.  By decimating to 8bit audio, I can now get choppy quality.  Enough to at least call the skype sound test service, and hear the echo back.

My spare time at the moment is extremely limited.  However, if there's someone out there who wants to carry the torch on this one (hosting, co-ordinating, etc), I'd be keen to help out on extending the AU600 driver to fully support the DPH-50U.

Cheers,
  --Chris