Re: Thomas-Tharu, India/Chennai, kernel 2.6.24-19-generic

Thomas,
Marv has answered to you how to install the necessary software.
I answer something else.
Could you please specify (full address http:// .. )which site you name "our site" ?

Indeed, http://www.linmodems.org shows this when you open it:

 Linux Winmodem Support
Linmodem source code is listed below. We've got a discussion [unsubscribe] mailinglist (archives) ....

with a link under "discussion" just before the link under unsubscribe. Historically this is the first linmodems site.

The site http://linmodems.technion.ac.il is really the one which we work with, with all the software and help.
It starts with a list of contents where "subscribe" is item # 15:
"Subscribe to the discussion forum discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Now if you search http://www.google.com  for one word
"linmodem" you arrive straight to these two sites, at the top of the list.

Jacques

Thomas Tharu wrote:
I am new to Linux, and have only elementary knowledge
of computers.
I need modem help to configure my Dell laptop for
dial-up internet connection.
How do I 'join' the list at your web site? Could not
find any 'register' option on your web page! Is it
necessary to join?
The ModemData.txt file is attached.
Thanks, =Thomas Tharu=