From: D Brewer [mailto:interscientific@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:42 PM
To: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: unable to connect with internal modem under Ubuntu

Jacques,

Thank you _very_ much for your extensive investigation and solution!

I haven't figured out how to edit the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file.  When I
access it through the file manager, Ubuntu tells me I don't have the
permissions necessary to open the file.  Is this something I need to do via
the terminal?  If so, what are the commands I need to use?

I'm new to Linux, so please forgive my ignorance about this.

Devon