Re: Alberto, Italy, kernel 2.6.27-7-generic

For

Codec: Conexant ID 2c06, with chipset 14f12c06, the hsfmodem package
is correct if it can be made to work.
Jonathan will have to provide guidance.

I won't be on Linux for another week, but the type of procedure
needing to do the uninstall is as follows:
Do the Rescue CD boot.
$ sudo  su root
Mount the Ubuntu partition of the hard disk on (say) /media/
Do
$ chroot --help
for some guidance on "faking"  a new /  point.   The command to do the
uninstall is something like:

# chroot  /media hsfconfig --uninstall
# chroot /media  dpkg -r hsfmodem_7.68.00.14full_k2.6.27_7_generic
or perhaps
# chroot /media  dpkg -r hsfmodem_7.68.00.14full_k2.6.27_7_generic_ubuntu

MarvS