RE: BrianVoss, Canada kernel 2.6.24-19-generic

Antonio,

Thank you. I downloaded just the two packages you suggested, put them in my
home directory, then issued the dpkg -i *.deb command, resulting in the
following response:

Selecting previously deselected package libc6-dev.
(Reading database ... 95844 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libc6-dev (from libc6-dev_2.8-20080505-0ubuntu7_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package linux-libc-dev.
Unpacking linux-libc-dev (from linux-libc-dev_2.6.27-7.16_i386.deb) ...
dpckg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libc6-dev:
 libc6-dev depends on libc6 (= 2.8-20080505-0ubuntu7); however:
  Versions of libc6 on system is 2.7-10ubuntu3.
dpckg: error processing libc6-dev (--install):
Setting up linux-libc-dev (2.6.27-7.16) ...
 libc6-dev

Where to from here?

Brian