Re: I have problems

--- On Sat, 11/15/08, Dr. Lázaro J. Rojas Sopo <lazaro.rojas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Dr. Lázaro J. Rojas Sopo <lazaro.rojas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: I have problems
> To: Discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 7:05 PM
> I'm having problems with my presente UBUNTU OS, not
> recognizing my modem, I
> did as suggested in UBUNTU's help, downloaded
> scanModem.gz and identified my
> modem.
> My country is Cuba and I don't have a free access to
> the Internet, just to
> certain Websites and unfotunately linmodem isn't among
> them. My e-mail
> address is lazaro.rojas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx so I ask your
> cooperation and
> assessment in enabling this modem despite being unable to
> join the Website
> since I'm not allowed to access it.
> Thanks in advance.
> Dr. Rojas, Lazaro. M.D.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>    Red Telematica de Salud - Cuba
>    	  CNICM - Infomed
Dr. Lazaro,

>From  http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu/ ,
download the package slamr-2.6.24-19-generic.tar.gz
Under Linux, open a terminal and unpack with:
$ tar zxvf slamr*.tar.gz
Move into the unpacked folder
$ cd slamr-2.6.24-19-generic
Look around
$ ls
Run the $  sudo ./setup

Afterwards do:
$ slmodemd --help
$ slmodemd --countrylist &> Clist.txt
If not in the USA, look for your COUNTRY_NAME therein.
Do and edit with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
and therein replace the USA in the line:
SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=USA
This will provide for the correct Country setting in the automated:
   slmodemd -c COUNTRY /dev/slamr0

Read the DOCs/Smartlink.txt and DOCs/YourSystem.txt Writing DOCs/Smartlink.txt

If you can't get it, I hope you can get it somehow.

Regards,

Antonio