Re: Agrmodem running Ubuntu 8.04.1 with kernel 2.6.24-21-generic

Bob,

Nothing we can do,sadly  The fax support code is an a component
precompiled at LSI,  Inc.  Hence it is not accessible by us to fixes.
 If you have serious needs for modem service, best but an external
(hardware)  modem which has a Controller Chipset

With respect to setting up the symbolic link, you could add a symbolic link
install modprobe agrserial  ; ln -s  /dev/ttyAGR3    /dev/ttySAGR
to one of the files in /etc/modprobe.d    hierachy.

If your installation is a Debian/Ubuntu type,
the above line could just be in a file created by
$ sudo gedit  /etc/modprobe.d/local.bob

MarvS