Re: further help3Niesha Mahepath-USA kernel 2.6.24-19 generic

Shanie

Since you have them both packages, insert your usb disk in the
computer that needs the drivers.  It should automount.  Copy the *.deb
packages to your home directory and then you can install them with
$ sudo dpkg libc6?.deb and
$ sudo dpkg linux-libc

Then extract the martian-20080625.tar.gz file and try the commands again:
$ tar -zxvf martian-20080625.tar.gz
$ cd martian-20080625/
$ make all
$ sudo make install
$ sudo modprobe martian_dev
$ sudo martian_modem

open another tab or terminal, and do
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

should find the modem port /dev/ttySM0 and then edit /etc/wvdial.conf
with you favorite editor, gedit, kedit, vi, ..., etc and add your
username, password, phone number to dialout, and add a line "Carrier
Check = no".  Hope that this succeeds.

Regards,

Antonio