Re: LINUX - MODEM PROBLEM UNDER DIAL-UP

Peter,

since your computer has an x86_64 system, probably your best bet is to get the tar version since the driver for your system does not appear to exist

CPU=x86_64,
Linux version 2.6.24-19-generic

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/archive/hsfmodem-7.68.00.14x86_64full/hsfmodem-7.68.00.14x86_64full.tar.gz

Please try the above one, and when you run $ make install, run
$ sudo make install
instead.

A message also appears on the linuxant site:
Note to Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) users with HDA modems: Installing the alsa-driver-linuxant package is necessary before installing this driver.

http://www.linuxant.com/alsa-driver/alsa-driver-linuxant_1.0.18git20080915-1_all.deb

Try to get the above packages and install the alsa-driver first.  Then try to compile the hsfmodem driver on above link.

Regards,

Antonio