RE: Very Important

Formerly, I installed a version of Ubuntu, today expired. I had not done
partition.

Some days ago, I tried to install Windows XP, so, afterwards to install the
last version the Ubuntu 8.04. But the W did not work.

I did not know to do. I got the last version of Ubuntu, the Ubuntu
8.o4.1desktop-i386iso and tried to install with a CD, but the machine was
blocked. Both hardwares were mixed. The version of Ubuntu was not
recognized, and, with W, only worked the first steps, because was detected
other hardware.

I think that there is not solution. Only when I start the machine, if I
click in ESC, it appears in the screen a menu with three options, the third
is Memtest86+v1.60. I think the programme is checking and it appears the
characteristic of the machine:

Athlon XP (018) 166 Mhz
L1 caché 128K 9058 MB/s
l2 caché 256K 351 MB/s
Memory 256 M 359 MB/s
chipset VIA kt266/ kt333

I don't know if the machine is checking and the length of time.

Any solution? Thanks.