Cc: "Linmodems" <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: need help

Jonathan,

Restart issue. Copy to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx please

MarvS

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Alex Vergara Gil <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
I've installed the driver for my modem under ubuntu8.04 k 2.6.24-19 and it works fine, but I have the problem of that after every restart without the phone cable plugged in the modem is not recognized and I must reinstall the driver, I need some help: Does I must install the driver in an special way other than sudo dpkg -i hsf*.deb?? How I can wake up my modem after plug in
my phone cable??
The modem works fine after reinstallation of the driver but it is annoying
to install it every time I turn on my computer (I must often turn it on
without the phone cable because of lighting storms).

Any suggestion are welcome.
Alex