Re: Tom Stolee, USA kernel 2.6.24-19-generic

Tom, let's take this a piece at a time:

Are you able to get WiFi working anywhere, at any time?  If not, I
strongly suspect you're dealing the the Atheros 5007 chipset.  If so,
the cure is at:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/atheros-5007eg-with-madwifi-on-i386-platform.html

...or wait for Intrepid as that's got 5007 support bolted in already.

Now for everything else, I want you to STOP using the term "modem" on
it's own.  OK?  We have "WiFi modems" (including the Atheros 5007 and
many more), "landline modems" for plain old telephone line, "cable
modems", "DSL modems", etc.

What kind of "modem" are you trying to use, and what's it's make and
model?  Without that, we can't do a damned thing for ya...

Jim