Re: 11c11040, was Re: kernel-2.6.25 and kernel-2.6.26 issues

Hi Bjorn,
if we are about to go with one kernel I would prefer version 2.6.26 that I've been using for the last few weeks. But I can also live with kernel 2.6.25. I am not using the vanilla kernel though, but rather the one patched by gentoo developers which is in turn the default kernel on gentoo. It's 2.6.25-r6 and I think it corresponds to the vanilla 2.6.25.6 revision. Portage downloads the 2.6.25er kernel (the first one released) and applies an own patchset provided by the gentoo kernel herd which comprises the official patchset provided by the kernel devs after the initial release of the kernel plus some own gentoo specific patches. I could however compile the vanilla 2.6.25er one since the tarball is already there and it's just a matter of make oldconfig && make. The alsa version reported by proc is 1.16pre.
I am awaiting further instructions :-)

kind regards,
M. Mehdi Salem Naraghi

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
Hello,
Let's keep it to one kernel version at the moment. All of this
cross-booting and so just adds to the confusion in the end.
Which subversion of 2.6.25 do you have?
There's no use sending us the crash dump, but the info is not of use to us.

Now, what version of ALSA did the 2.6.25 kernel come with?
Bjorn.