Re: Motorola SM56 on laptop (amd64)

David,

There is a pre-compiled 32 bit component,  modem/dsplibs.o ,
protecting the most Proprietary  Smartlink code.  It cannot be
combined with 64  bit code.
But using a 64 bit snd-hda-intel.ko  driver with a 32 bit compiled
slmodemd does work. The 32 bit libraries sought by slmodemd have to be
present on your System.
Often these are installed by default on x86_64 systems.  They are the
libasound2 and libasound2-dev (this latter may not  be necessary
post-compile of slmodemd)

MarvS