BillG USA HSF Modem Success!

Hello,
I have been on the list for a while, reading the problems people are having. I have an _old_ (1997) machine running Slakware 2.4.33 . I downloaded scanModem, learned that I need the hsfmodem driver. Downloaded driver, installed, configured, ran. IT WORKS! I know that there is some serious work going on out there, fitting various hardware designers' visions of the perfect modem into the ever changing Linux Distributions. Old Slakware is still my favorite.
  Thanks for the tools that _didn't_ require help and hand holding!
  Bill Grenoble
Accokeek, Maryland, USA (16 Nautical Miles due south of the White House)