RE: Intel536ep and kernel 2.6.26

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

I've been using the Intel 536ep for quite some time now.
It requires a kernel module to work. The source has been
getting updated each time the kernel changes and breaks
something, but so far no changes to allow the module to
continue to compile under the latest kernel, 2.6.26 (at
the time of this writing). As I use this modem to connect
to the Internet, if I can't get the modem working again
I'm stuck not being able to update the kernel.

Hello, Jayjwa -

I just upgraded to kernel 2.6.26, and found the same problems!

The attached patch seems to be working for me so far, but I am
by no means a kernel module guy, so any feedback is welcome...

That's excellect. I figured someone that knew C won't have much trouble. I'm building a new 2.6.26.2 right now. If it worked there, likely it will work fine here, too. I should be able to report back in a bit. Thanks.

Say, can I keep you handy in case any other stuff breaks? ;)