11c11040 Agere Softmodem AT Commandset available for IL1 / A110

hi all !

it is great that the Agere Softmodem "Delphi D40" with signature 11C1:1040 on hda bus is fully working
in Ubuntu "hardy" 8.04, as preinstalled on the A110 laptop model.

Even the command set manual for Agere softmodem could be dug up. It is in www.A110wiki.de too.
the current wvdial does not make any trouble either on a A110 Linux laptop by www.ONE.de (200€ only)

However, occasional freezes were observed:

knet and such dialup tools may freeze unless you are online via wvdial.
the scanmodem script also runs without error once the drivers are working.

Some fiddling with AT commands may even do away with the modem hangups after approx. 12 minutes of ppp sessions.
there are some diagnostic AT commands that may be employed there.

Even though the modem driver agrmodem.ko was compiled for SMP CPU's they seem to run nicely on the
IL1  VIA-C7 single core CPU (1 Mhz).

One little thing is that alsamixer has now fewer volume sliders and I get no sound on my A110.
probably has to do with the snd-hda-intel.ko of which there is an otherwise working version around.
It should also be possible to get fax working.

Greetinx --FA