Re: AW: AW: 11c11040 modem with agrsm-ubuntu8.04.1-2.6.24-19-generic.tar.gz and othre kernels

Yes, I just realised that. See my reply to your
message - AFAIK, kInternet will do this and replace
the default route.
Bjorn.

--- Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> >> think of it, my eth0 is up at
> >> boot long before I get the kmod for the linmode
> >> loaded, dialout, and get a
> >> ppp0 to work with.
> >>
> >> If you're using pppd, you can also put commands
> in
> >> ip-up and ip-down scripts
> >> in /etc/ppp. Those get run before and after pppd
> >> does its thing.
> >>

> >> These are actually from the machine I'm on now,
> but
> >> are almost identical to
> >> the ones I'm refering to (connecting the same ISP
> in
> >> the same way).
> >>
> >> root> pppd call localnet
> >>
> >> My nameservers are always set and don't change.
> >>

> >> /etc/ppp/peers/localnet:
> >> --------------------------------------
> >>
> >> ## Localnet.com
> >> ##
> >> ## PPPd peer connect script
> >>
> >> lock
> >> defaultroute
> >> noipdefault
> >>
> >> # Using the cellphone's built-in modem
> >> #/dev/ttyACM0
> >>
> >> # Using the Conexant Linmodem when we've the
> kmods
> >> for it
> >> /dev/ttySHSF0
> >>
> >> 57600
> >> crtscts
> >> debug
> >> noauth
> >> passive
> >> asyncmap 0
> >> name "myusername"
> >>
> >> connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f
> >> /etc/ppp/localnet-connect"
> >>

> >> /etc/ppp/localnet-connect:
> >> ---------------------------------------
> >>
> >> TIMEOUT 60
> >> ABORT ERROR
> >> ABORT BUSY
> >> ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> >> ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
> >> "" "AT&FH0"
> >> OK "atdt2354500"
> >> TIMEOUT 75
> >> CONNECT
> >>

> >> /etc/ppp/ip-up:
> >> ---------------------------------------
> >>

> >> #!/bin/zsh
> >> ##
> >> ## This file /etc/ppp/ip-up is run by pppd when
> >> there's a
> >> ## successful ppp connection.
> >> ## Any commands you want printed to the screen
> >> should be directed
> >> ## to: >/dev/tty0
> >> ##
> >> ## The companion file is /etc/ppp/ip-down, it's
> run
> >> when the PPP
> >> ## connection ends.
> >> ##
> >> ## Parameter args:
> >> ##	1 = network device (ex: ppp0)
> >> ##	2 = device attached to (ex: /dev/modem)
> >> ##	3 = Speed of connection 57600 (ISP will rate
> >> limit this down)
> >> ##	4 = (your, eg, this host) local IP
> >> ##	5 = remote pppd IP address
> >>
> >> # The environment is cleared before executing

PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

=== message truncated ===

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.