Re: Krishanu Maulik, India kernel 2.6.24-19-generic

> Dear Antonio,
> Thanks for all your help. I managed to install the modem
> and coonect
> to my ISP twice, but failed to open any website. When I
> tried to
> connect a third time no dialtone was found. It worked again
> after a
> while. (I saw the two IP addresses and two DNS's) but
> still no
> website. Can you please help?

If you saw two addresses that said DNS, you may add them to /etc/resolv.conf.  For instance, in my computer when wvdial connects, I get to see:

[root@localhost ~]# wvdial
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot get information for serial port.
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
ATZ
OK
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
OK
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT7072000
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATDT7072000
CONNECT 49333 V42bis
--> Carrier detected.  Starting PPP immediately.
--> Starting pppd at Fri Aug  1 14:10:35 2008
--> Pid of pppd: 25581
--> Using interface ppp0
--> pppd: 2
--> pppd: 2
--> pppd: 2
--> pppd: 2
--> local  IP address 66.201.8.112
--> pppd: 2
--> remote IP address 66.201.8.6
--> pppd: 2
--> primary   DNS address 66.201.0.203
--> pppd: 2
--> secondary DNS address 66.94.120.9
--> pppd: 2

The last two, I add to /etc/resolv.conf so that it looks like

[olivares@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 66.201.0.203
nameserver 66.94.120.9

Do you get the same DNS servers both times when you connected?

If you do, all that it takes is to add those two last DNS entries to /etc/resolv.conf

Do it by
$ sudo gedit /etc/resolv.conf
and add the nameservers.  After doing this, can you browse?

Regards,

Antonio