11C11040 Issues with ALSA versions.

Several things have come to my attention recently that
need to be mentioned:

The Alsa version reported by the tools may be
different from that of the modules. Henceforth, check
with 'cat /proc/asound/version' to get the version of
the modules.

The alsa version you are using with the modem driver
MUST match the version your kernel shipped with, so
I'd recommend from now on trying to use the ALSA
source in /usr/src/linux/sound to build the patched
ALSA modules.

The modem driver comes in TWO distinct flavours:
agrsm-HDA-20080721.tar.bz2
agrsm-HDA-20080721-ALSA15.tar.bz2
the former is for those with kernel alsa versions
1.0.16 or newer, the latter for those with kernel alsa
versions 1.0.15 or earlier.
They CANNOT be mixed.

Thanks again to everyone for bearing with me on this-
It's a learning experience for me too, since what
worked for me may not work the same for you. What I'm
learning will help me put together a guide for
everyone to use.

Thanks!
Bjorn.