Re: getting started

Daniel

You will receive a qualified answer later because there is something in your ModemData.txt which seems strange to me. It says to install slmodemd while I know this chipset to be Conexant (also reported as such via its "Codec").
It is wise to wait - not long.
If you like fun (no risk at all), go to http://www.linuxant.com/drivers
Read through the HSF submenu, mostly installation and download.
Easy, no risk, just some work.

The clue is possibly that both drivers (slmodemd and hsf) support this modem, where slmodemd is free and hsf, free version, is limited to 14.4 kbauds

Jacques

Daniel Dalton wrote:
Hi,

I wasn't subscribed before, now I am, so not sure if that last message
got through.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my win modem working under
debian? Or point me to some docs?
I have attached the ModemData file...

Thanks for your help,

Daniel.