RE: Subject: David, France, kernel 2.6.24-16-generic

David

Your trust USB modem presumably corresponds to:
card in bus 001:
	Modem chipset  detected on
SLOT="Bus 001 Device 002:"
NAME="Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. "
bus=001
USBmodemID=0572:1328
IDENT=gdcmodem
Driver=gdcmodem

 For candidate modem in:  001
    Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc.
      Primary device ID:  0572:1328
 Support type needed or chipset:	gdcmodem
--------
have to correct a typo in scanModem: gdcmodem should be dgcmodem.
Also I have to automate output of the guidance below.

Precompiled drivers are not yet available for 2.6.24-16 kernels at:
>From http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/dgc/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php

So from http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/dgc/downloads.php#generic
get the dgcmodem_1.05_i386.deb.zip
Unpack under Linux with:
$ unzip dgc*.zip
Try the install with:
$ sudo dpkg -i dgc*.deb

Should the compilation step fail, you probably have to install packages
linux-libc-dev & libc6-dev which might be on your install CD or can be
searched out at http://packages.ubuntu.com

After download and copy to the Ubuntu, they can be installed with:
$ sudo dpkg -i li*.deb

Then retry the
$ sudo dpkg -i dgc*.deb

The modem should subsequently be found (maybe a reboot necessary) by:
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
Edit in your personal info with
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
and try a dialout with: