Re: help needed with finding driver for Motorola SM56 on Ubuntu 8.04

Hi,

Dovi wrote:

hi, on the box of the modem it says *Dynamode sm56pci-s/m* (chipset is motorola), and the only drivers i've found are for windoze.

I need it for FAX btw, if it makes any difference.

Many years ago it was somewhere about:
http://www.motorola.com/softmodem/public_download/SM56_Linux_User_Guide.pdf
http://www.motorola.com/softmodem/public_download/Linux/sm56-06.05.00-1.rh9.i386.rpm
http://www.motorola.com/softmodem/public_download/Linux/ReadMe_Legacy_SM56.txt
http://www.motorola.com/softmodem/public_download/Linux/SM56_5.1_I386.rpm
and it seems to be there still. Though it is incredibly old now.
I remember also it was buggy a bit.

From linmodems it was here:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/Motorola

I guess there is no support of the modem nowadays (for many years) and I would recommend to dispose of the old crap.

Good luck!
Mike.