Re: Help needed with driver please

Charlie & Joseph

Sould be straigtforward

For candidate modem in:  0000:00:04.0
   Class 0780: 14f1:1033 Communication controller: Conexant HCF 56k
Data/Fax Modem
      Primary PCI_id  14f1:1033
 Support type needed or chipset:	hcflinmodem

 Read Conexant.txt

However
Linux version 2.6.8.1-3-386 (buildd@terranova) (gcc version 3.3.4
(Debian 1:3.3.4-9ubuntu5))
is old at this time.  Your would be better served installing a more
recent Ubunut before doing the modem work.  At
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hcf/full/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php
packages with precompile drivers begin with 2.6.10 as contrasted to
your 2.6.8 kernel version.

As is compiling is necessary packages must be installed, providing:
	gcc-3.3  linux-headers-2.6.8.1-3-386
 linux-headers-2.6.8.1-3

You really would be better served getting the just released Ubuntu
Hardy and repeating the install.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer