Re: Peter Wallach, South Africa, Mandriva Linux release 2008.0 (Official) for i586 Kernel 2.6.22.9-laptop-1mdv on an i686 / kernel 2.6.22.9-laptop-1mdv

Peter,

carefully read Conexant.txt.  Do check to see if hsf modules reside by

 After loading of HSF drivers, there will be selective displayed by command:
 #  /sbin/lsmod | grep hsf

as for wvdial, wvdialconf, you may check Mandriva repositories or
compile from source.
check rpm bone and search for wvdial packages for Mandriva.

>From source
Download
http://wvstreams.googlecode.com/files/wvstreams-4.4.1.tar.gz
and
http://alumnit.ca/download/wvdial-1.60.tar.gz
run
tar -zxvf wv*
cd wvstreams-4.4.1/
./configure
make
make install
cd wvdial-1.60/
make
make install

Another option is to try KPPP, check each /dev/ttySH0..4?,  and test
them out individually till you get the one that works.  Whichever
option is easier for you do try them out and report back if
successfull or if something did not work.

Regards,

Antonio