Re: Raymond Mulley, Canada, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Raymond,

scanModem reports that your modem is supported by
INTEL537 packages
\begin{"}
For Ubuntu Linux users with Intel 536 and 537 chipsets
the are driver
 installation packages available.

 But since 2006, Intel appears to have ceased updates
for Linux.
 For the INTEL537 and INTEL536 chipset modems, the
most current support
 is provided at:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/linmodems/intel/Philippe.Vouters/

 But regular support is not available, see:
  http://archives.linmodems.org/24939
\end{"}

Download the latest code for INTEL537, read the
README, INSTALL files and try to compile and install
the drivers.  Please report your status with the modem
as successful/failure

Regards,

Antonio

--- Raymond Mulley <raymulley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Group:
>
> Please help!
>
> I recently sent a request for help regarding my LAN
> that consisted of a Mandrake 9.0 and a Mandrake
> 10.0.
> I have a working modem on the Mandrake 9.0.
>
> I have since changed the OS on the Mandrake 10.0 for
> Ubuntu 7.10 in the hope that the modem on it would
> be
> more user friendly -- no luck.
>
> Attached is the ModemData.txt file.
>
> Thank you all,
>
> Raymond Mulley

> Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of
> Flickr!
>
> http://www.flickr.com/gift/>  Only plain text email
is forwarded by the

http://developer.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/linmodems/archive-sixth/msg02637.html

> To enable dialout without Root permission do:
> 	$ su - root  (not for Ubuntu)
>         sudo chmod a+x /usr/sbin/pppd
> or under Ubuntu related Linuxes

=== message truncated ===