Re: Nelson, USA kernel 2.6.17-10-generic

Nelson,

Antonio's guidance is correct in principle.
But there should have been a modem line within

the /proc/asound/pcm file:
-----------------------
00-00: HDA Generic : HDA Generic : playback 1 : capture 1
00-01 (or 00-06) <Modem Info expected here>

expected from the archival record:
--------------------------------------
Class 0403: 8086:27d8 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G
     Primary PCI_id  8086:27d8
   Subsystem PCI_id  107b:0366
   Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics:
                              from    Archives: 0x10573057

The failure of the diagnostics suggests that the modem support had not
yet been added into the snd-hda-intel driver, for the older Linux
version 2.6.17-10-generic.
Support under Linux for these HDA card hosted modems is quite recent.

You best course is to get the current Ubuntu Gutsy CD, with kernel
release 2.6.22- , under which others have this modem in service.
Rerun scanModem at that time for specification of the hw:1  or hw:0,6
corresponding to the:
00-01 (or 00-06) <Modem Info expected here>

Antonio,
  I'll presently write the above logic into scanModem.
Remember the generic situation until then.

Thanks,

MarvS