Re: Francois B, Quebec, Canada, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

François

For troubleshooting your connection it is recommended
that you
Try to use wvdial first:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/wvdial.html

if already using wvdial, read Jacques's postinstall
trouble

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/post-install.html

Report back presently.

Regards,

Antonio

--- François Boucher, Lac Argenté

http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/linmodems/archive-sixth/msg02637.html
> To enable dialout without Root permission do:
> $ su - root (not for Ubuntu)
> sudo chmod a+x /usr/sbin/pppd
> or under Ubuntu related Linuxes
> sudo chmod a+x /usr/sbin/pppd